Do you ever find yourself at home after a long day and just can’t get to the gym? Well, let me tell you- you’re not alone! Everyone has those “not today” days and you know what? That’s Okay! There are easy ways to get moving during the day to squeeze in some extra exercise so you can enjoy a guilt and gym free evening! Try some of these simple tricks to keep you looking and feeling RAWsome:
1. Park in the Back - On your next store run, make it a point to drive your car directly to the back of the parking lot. Not only will you escape the madness of finding a spot up front, you will also open up the opportunity to get in those extra steps for the day! Believe me, as a former front spot fighter, I find this to be one of my favorite shopping tricks. Less stress, more movement equals a happier you!
2. Put that Commercial Break to Good Use - While catching up on your favorite shows, take the time during the commercial breaks to utilize your body. Use those few minutes to do some squats, push-ups, lunges, sit-ups, run in place, stretch out, anything! If you’re looking for a challenge, Do a rotation of 7 squats, 7 push-ups and 10 sit-ups as many times as you can before the show comes back on. Ready, set, GO!
3. Play In and Outside - It is time to unleash your inner child! Rally up your family and do something together! Take a walk, hike, work on the garden, play a sport, play with the family WII, go bowling, chase your kids around the house, make up a game and get creative! Freestyle exercise can be one of the funnest ways to get movement worked into your day without even trying.
4. Dance it Out - My personal favorite of all the sneaky exercise tricks, dancing is a great way to burn some extra calories and build muscle. Put on your favorite playlist, shut your door and get to it! Try this: Make a playlist for a specific amount of time, say 20 or 30 minutes, and challenge yourself to dance and move the whole time the music is playing. You’ll be amazed at how much fun you have and how much you’ve worked!
Exercising doesn’t have to be a chore and it shouldn’t be. With these simple tricks, you will find that extra bounce in your step and never have to feel “bad” for not making that trip to the gym ever again. Remember your inner RAWkstar and enjoy the movement!
Latest posts by Tera Geishauser (see all)
- 10 Signs You’re a Total Health Nerd - January 27, 2014
- 5 Easy Ways To Jump Start Your Health Now - September 8, 2013
- 5 Ways To Stay on Track With Your Health and Fitness Goals - August 4, 2013