1. Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Add in any veggies or fruits you have on hand (cucumbers, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, MCT oil and rock salt)
- Handful of nuts or other proteins (almond butter, cinnamon, pecans, maple syrup, hemp seeds)
- Drizzled with MCT oil
- Rock salt or yummy dressing of choice
- Optional sweetener (maple syrup, honey)
2. Roasted Chickpeas – Sweet or Salty
This is an easy snack that all the ingredients can just be in your pantry.
- 1 Can or fresh cooked garbonzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- Seasoning of choice:
- Salt, chili powder
- Garlic, salt, dried rosemary
- Coconut sugar, Himalayan pink salt, cinnamon
- Dried basil, finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, garlic
This is a go to crunchy snack that with a little prepping of veggies can be accessed for quick fixes. Hummus can be store-bought or homemade
- 2 cups well-drained chickpeas, liquid reserved
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled or more if needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin or paprika
- Juice of one lemon
Instructions: Blend everything in a food processor and add liquid as needed to create smooth consistency. You can garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of cumin or paprika and parsley.
4. Trail Mix
Combining your desired nuts, seeds and dried fruits will be more beneficial than buying already prepared ones that usually have sugary add ins and loads of peanuts.
Ingredients to choose from:
- Brazil nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Coconut flakes, dark chocolate, rock salt
- Dried cranberries
- Goji berries
- All fruits should be unsulphured and have no sugar added) – remember that dried fruits have loads of sugar and to only add in small amounts of them into your trail mix.
5. Dark Chocolate – 70% and above
The healthy fat content will keep you satisfied and fuel the brain and guess what… chocolate is full of polyphenols and antioxidants that help fight free radicals.
Latest posts by Rachelle Girardin (see all)
- These Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes Taste Epic and Easy to Make - Mar 31, 2015
- Heal Your Gut and Boost Your Electrolytes with this Cultured Coconut Yogurt Recipe - Mar 30, 2015
- 6 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight - Mar 29, 2015