- Parsley is an amazing breath freshener. Try chewing on a piece of parsley after you have eaten a meal that was heavy on the garlic or onions.
- Parsley contains lots of vitamin C. This will help boost your immune system, helping you fight off pathogens.
- Parsley is great for cleaning and clearing the kidneys. It can help flush out and break up any stones that may be present.
- Parsley can also help clean out the urinary tract, helping with any urinary tract infections.
- Parsley is great for detox and cleansing the colon. It aids digestion and moves waste through the intestines.
- Cilantro is a heavy metal chelator, which means that it helps pull heavy metals out of your body.
- Cilantro can help to reduce LDL or “bad” cholesterol levels.
- Both the stems and the leaves can be consumed, and are rich in antioxidants (the substances that help to defend your body from free radical damage).
- Cilantro is an excellent source of potassium, a mineral that helps balance fluid levels within your body.
- Cilantro is very high in Vitamin C, an important nutrient for immune function. 100 grams of cilantro will provide you with 30% of your recommended daily intake of Vitamin C.
- Mint is an amazing herb for helping digestion. Mint activates the salivary glands, promoting a good start to the digestive process, as well as helping calm and sooth the digestive tract.
- Mint contains essential oils, which are known to help calm nausea.
- Mint can be used as an excellent headache remedy.
- Mint can help to clear congestion from the respiratory tract including the nose, throat and bronchial tubes.
- Mint helps to sooth and calm a sore throat by cooling the tissues of the throat.
- Cinnamon has the power to help lower LDL cholesterol, which is known as the “bad” cholesterol.
- Cinnamon can help to control blood sugar levels by decreasing insulin resistance.
- Cinnamon has been used to help treat and cure yeast infections, even those that were resistant to other medication.
- Cinnamon has been studied for its ability to stop the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
- Cinnamon can help boost memory and overall cognitive function – even just smelling it will give your brain a boost!
- Ginger is a true super herb. It is a carminative herb, which means that it will help to cleanse, as well as heal, the digestive tract.
- Ginger contains essential oils that help to relax the muscles of the intestinal tract, which will help to ward off bloating and gas.
- Ginger is one of the oldest and most effective remedies for nausea.
- Ginger has strong anti-inflammatory powers, and can even help to sooth arthritic pain.
- Ginger has been shown to help defend the body against colorectal, ovarian, pancreatic, kidney and lung cancer by slowing the growth of cancer cells.
- Basil contains compounds called flavonoids. The particular flavonoids found in basil are known to help defend the cells against damage from radiation.
- The volatile oils found in basil have know antibacterial properties, which help defend the body against pathogens.
- Basil is a good source of iron, which can help prevent anemia. Quick tip: if you eat iron rich foods like basil with a vitamin C source like oranges or bell peppers, you increase your bodies ability to absorb the iron.
- Basil has been known to help stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Basil has an overall calming effect on the body and the mind.
Creator at The Perception Trainers
Ali Washington is an inspirational speaker, author and coach who believes that health and wellness should not only be easy and natural, but also fun. Through techniques acquired from life coaching, yoga, psychology, nutrition and energy medicine, Ali works to empower those who cross her path to learn to trust their own bodies, minds and emotions. She believes that YOU are the expert on you, and she is simply there to offer you tools and techniques for reacquainting yourself with your own inner knowledge. ind her book The Perception Diet Here: http://perceptiondiet.com/
Latest posts by Ali Washington (see all)
- 5 Ways to Listen to Your Body for Deeper Awareness and Personal Power - Sep 7, 2015
- Apricot Bliss Smoothie - Apr 11, 2014
- 5 Daily Detox Recipes to Keep in Your Back Pocket - Apr 4, 2014