Recently I’ve been on a spirulina & chlorella kick because they’re both so great for having healthy, clear skin, healing acne and repairing tissues after a workout. A few weeks ago when I was making spirulina face masks I started researching how spirulina impacts skin health. There were so many testimonials from people who raved about how taking spirulina for just 4 weeks healed their chronic acne. What we put in our bodies has a big effect on our skin, our energy levels and how fast our body can repair itself.
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 field cucumber
- 2 cups pineapple
- 1 tbsp. spirulina
- 1 tbsp. chlorella
- 2 thumb print sizes of burdock root
- 1 cup tightly packed kale
- 1 thumb print size of ginger
- 1 lemon, de-seeded
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2-3 cups coconut water
Instructions: Chop ingredients and put in your Vitamix. Blend on high for 15-30 seconds and serve. If you need to add more liquid, you can.
7 Rawesome Facts about this Smoothie
1. Spirulina is around 68% protein and is said to contain every nutrients the human body requires in almost perfect ratios.
2. Chlorella is also around 60% protein, and is used to promote rapid tissue repair. If you do yoga, lift weights or run, using chlorella as part of your daily regimen will help your body heal faster increasing your endurance.
3. Chlorella also protects the body from radiation, pulling heavy metals from the system.
4. Burdock root has long been used to purify the blood and is said to help heal arthritis, gout and even skin conditions like eczema, acne and psoriasis.
5. Burdock root is also an excellent source of iron, so if you’re looking for more ways to increase your iron, this smoothie is perfect for you.
6. Cilantro naturally helps women balance their hormones and can even be used to help reduce menstrual cramping. It also pulls heavy metals from the system which is why pairing it with chlorella is so ideal.
7. Kale totally rawks. It’s full of anti-oxidants that protect you from dis-ease and keep your skin looking youthful, packed with Vitamins A, K & C and helps keep your skin, bones & cardiovascular system at peak performance.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- Chocolate Cinnamon Brain On Smoothie - March 11, 2014
- Spicy Sweet Sprouts Salad - March 8, 2014
- Win an Omega 8004 Model Juicer from YoungandRaw.com! - March 8, 2014