We all know that it’s important to “trust your gut”, but what happens when your gut is way off?
There are multiple studies emerging that link gut health to some serious conditions, such as:
- Thyroid disease
- Autoimmune disorders
- Inflammatory bowel diseases, such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Metabolic syndrome, which often leads to type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity
- Colon cancer
- Central nervous system disorders, like anxiety and depression
And those are just a handful of examples!
So what’s the best way to readdress the balance and get a health microbiome?
Microbiome science shows that gut microbes react incredibly quickly to a change in diet – after 24 hours of a dietary shift, scientists can see a corresponding shift in microbiota composition.
But, here’s the thing: your gut biome is as unique as your fingerprint, and so there are particular foods that work with your unique composition and foods that don’t.
You may have found this if you’ve been following our 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge – certain ingredients, while “healthy” just don’t go down well.
This is where it gets exciting: what if YOU could see what’s going in your gut right now? And what if you could then get personalized recommendations about exactly what to eat to bring your gut into balance?
No more conflicting advice. No more guesswork. No more Google.
Well, now you can, thanks to a breakthrough technology.
We were blown away when we saw this. This is the future of medical care – where recommendations are personalized to each of us so that we can heal our own bodies, prevent disease, and finally live life to the fullest.
And, you can use this technology right in your own home, with an at-home gut biome test kit.
Now, there are actually a few companies who offer a gut biome test kit. However, there’s only one that we recommend – Viome. We asked them to sponsor our smoothie challenge as we absolutely love what they are doing – and here’s why:
- Viome’s Precision Wellness™ technology uses a combination of cutting-edge artificial intelligence and a pioneering technology developed at the Los Alamos National Laboratory. No other testing company uses this unique technology.
- Because of their unique technology, Viome is the only gut microbiome test that can be used to accurately make personalized diet and nutrition recommendations.
- If you follow a certain type of diet, like keto, paleo, bulletproof or vegan, Viome can give you precise food recommendations within that diet that are healthy for your individual biome.
It’s super simple, too. Once you send in your testing kit, you’ll get your personalized, up-to-date results via the proprietary Viome app.
So if you’re suffering from a health condition right now, or want to get the best insight into what is going on in your gut right now and how to “level-up”, check it out!
Consider it your self-care for the day. 😉
Viome’s state-of-the-art technology offers unprecedented visibility into the unique ecosystem living inside you. This is your first step towards living a life where chronic disease and lackluster performance is optional.
Latest posts by Young and Raw (see all)
- Our 5 Favorite Desserts Smoothies That Taste Naughty But Are 100% Nice! - Nov 14, 2018
- Sluggish? Try These Liver Support Recipes! - Nov 6, 2018
- Detox 101: Everything You Need To Know Before Embarking on a Cleanse! - Oct 30, 2018