Watch out cookies, there’s a new ice cream sandwich in town! We think these sammies can even count as breakfast, since they include protein-rich waffles made plant-based protein, and the “ice cream” is made just with bananas.
If we’re in a more decadent mood, we’ll add So Delicious dairy-free ice cream to the sandwich instead of banana “ice cream” and make it official treat.
- 1 ½ tsp ground flax
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Vega Sport Performance Protein Chocolate or Vega One Chocolate
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup vegetable or grapeseed oil
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milks)
- 4 bananas, cut into pieces and frozen
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- Heat waffle iron.
- Make flax egg by combining flax and water together in a bowl and setting aside.
- Combine gluten-free flour, Vega One, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in a bowl.
- Combine peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, oil and almond milk with flax egg.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until a batter forms. Batter should be thick.
- Cook waffles according to waffle maker instructions.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Enjoy immediately or freeze overnight for a harder texture.
- Put banana ice cream in between 2 room temperature waffles. Wrap and freeze for future use or eat immediately.
Find More From Morgan
Vegan and Raw Food Recipes here >>
Nutrition and Health Tips here >>
Latest posts by Morgan Shupe (see all)
- Cook Up A Spice-Storm with this Moroccan-Inspired Vegan Stew - May 31, 2016
- Nut-Free Granola Bars with Dates, Apricot and Banana - May 30, 2016
- 3 Mason Jar Salad Recipes To Make Mon-Fri Lunches Chore-Free - May 29, 2016