This smoothie is jam packed with goodness. It may be a seasonal treat if you cannot find cherries year round (fresh and frozen both work in this recipe) or you can substitute the cherries for black berries, strawberries, blueberries or raspberries or a combination of the four.
Marine phytoplankton is an incredibly nutritious superfood. People who consume marine phytoplankton have reported increased brain function, increased immunity, enhanced cellular repair, detoxification support and an anti-inflammatory effect. Pretty cool stuff! If you do not have Oceans Alive Marine Phytoplankton, don’t worry. This smoothie will be amazing without it. You can also use Spirulina or Chlorella in its place.
- 1 cup fresh pitted cherries
- 1 frozen bananas
- 1 scoop vanilla warrior protein
- 1 tbsp. red maca
- 1 tbsp. bee pollen
- 20 drops oceans alive marine phytoplankton
- 2 cups coconut water or water
Directions: Pit your cherries, blend on high for 10-15 seconds and enjoy.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016
- This Spiced Zucchini Carrot Loaf is Gluten Free and Vegan! - Feb 11, 2016