Hands down one of the best tasting pies I have ever made. Bursting with flavor, this health giving raw vegan pie is a crowd pleasing masterpiece fit for parties, potlucks, or your own personal comfort food.
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 13-15 pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- pinch of salt
- tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup coconut flesh (the inside of a thai coconut)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dried cherries (organic/no sugar added – got ours from a farmers market)
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 4 tbsp. acerola cherry powder
- 1/2 cup cacao butter (you’ll need to use a double broiler or if you have a dehydrator you can set it to 115 degrees and it will melt in about 15 minutes.)
- 1 cup maple syrup or honey (I think honey would be best but someone I’m feeding this to has an allergy to honey.)
- 4 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 tbsp maca (optional, I wouldn’t give it to young kids under 10 and it will also throw the flavor a bit. It’s an acquired malty taste that I happen to love.)
How to: Soak your cashews and dried cherries just to make them a bit soft, then drain them off, add them to your blender. Include all of your ingredients together and blend on high until whipped smoothly. Use your spatula to pour the mixture over the pie crust.
Then for the cherry drizzle:
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
How to: Blend, drizzle overtop and run your knife up and down through the cake. You can also pour this overtop of the cake when you eat it. Store it in a jar in the fridge.