Surprisingly, Basil adds an amazing flavour to this smoothie! Cherries are powerful anti-inflammatory fruits. Wild-blueberries have anti-oxidant properties that can keep you looking and feeling young. If you can get raw, unpasteurized coconut water (either in a coconut or from Exotic Superfoods or Harmless Harvest) it’s a great carrier liquid to use in smoothies. Coconut water acts as a carrier by delivering nutrients straight into the blood stream. It was used in WW2 for blood transfusions on the battle field and is the most similar liquid to our blood plasma on the planet. This smoothie just so happens to be a natural anti-inflammatory, and a great choice for someone with arthritis or pain.
- 3-4 Basil Leaves
- 1 cup Cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup Wild blueberries (frozen)
- 1-2 cups of Water or Coconut Water
Instructions: Blend on high for 30 seconds or until smooth and enjoy.
3 Rawesome Facts about This Smoothie
1. You can eat cherries for a good source of Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamins A, C, E, Folate and Fiber.
2. Basil is another amazing anti-inflammatory herb as it helps to block the enzyme that creates swelling in the body.
3. Blue berries are a beauty enhancing food with Vitamin E and other anti-oxidants that help fight free radicals and keep you feeling and looking young.
Learn more recipes and tips like this in our 3 month course How to Go Raw, Not Crazy! We’re taking a few more student testers, so if you’d like more details on how you can get a discount on registration you can email us with the subject line “how to go raw”.