Limes are a part of the citrus family which you most likely know means that they are a great source of the all important vitamin C. But limes can do so much more than prevent scurvy! Limes are also great sources of calcium and folate and have been shown in studies to help prevent cancers of the colon, stomach and blood.
You can find this recipe along with health guides, blender shopping tips and superfood info in our new 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge App, with 120 healing green smoothie recipes. The App is available for iPhone and iPad, click here to grab it.
Citrus Cold Buster Smoothie
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1 lime, peeled
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup water or coconut water
Instructions: Peel your citrus fruits, pit your dates and blend together until smooth and enjoy. Due to the citrus, this smoothie is best enjoyed right away and can become bitter if let to sit.
Latest posts by Young and Raw (see all)
- Chia Pudding 7 Ways! - Mar 21, 2019
- 3 Ways to Nurture Your Hormonal Health - Mar 14, 2019
- What’s The Best Diet for Humans? Surprisingly, Most Experts Agree! - Jan 15, 2019