This is a delicious and comforting soup recipe that will help you use up that zucchini from the garden. Adding herbs at the end of the preparation protects enzymes and phytonutrients, and intensifies the soup’s flavor. If you don’t have a blender, this soup will still be just as lovely unblended.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3-4 medium zucchini, diced (about 4 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives, plus more (or mint) for garnish
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
1. Place coconut oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often until it begins to soften.
2. Add zucchini and garlic and continue stirring until vegetables soften.
3. Add water and bouillon cubes; stir well. When mixture comes to a boil, immediately reduce heat to maintain a steady simmer and continue cooking for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
4. Transfer to a blender and add 3 tablespoons chives and the basil. Process until smooth.
5. Return to pot, add pepper and reheat. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately, sprinkled with chives.
Latest posts by Ali Washington (see all)
- 5 Ways to Listen to Your Body for Deeper Awareness and Personal Power - Sep 7, 2015
- Apricot Bliss Smoothie - Apr 11, 2014
- 5 Daily Detox Recipes to Keep in Your Back Pocket - Apr 4, 2014