It’s fun to get creative with smoothies, the possibilities are endless. Enjoy this smoothie knowing the ingredients are ultra nourishing to your whole body and renewing for the skin. Mango & Spirulina are not only wonderful taken internally, but both ingredients can be applied topically as well as a rejuvenating face mask. Just be careful with mango on your skin because some people have allergic reactions.
- 1 Cup Frozen or Fresh Mango
- 1 handful of Cilantro
- 1 tsp. Spirulina
- 1 Lime, Peeled
- 1 cup of water or coconut water
Instructions: Blend ingredients together in a high powered blender and serve.
8 Rawesome Facts about this Smoothie
1. Mango has enzymes similar to the papaya fruit which support digestion and reduce constipation.
2. Mango can help to clear pores for healthy skin.
3. Spirulina is an algae very high in protein, with a complete amino acid profile making it a “complete protein”.
4. Cilantro helps to ease PMS symptoms in women and is a natural heavy metal chelator.
5. Lime is high in Vitamin C and boosts the immune system as well as aids in weight loss.
6. Coconut Water acts as a carrier in smoothies, delivering a higher dose of nutrients directly to the cells. Sort of like a delivery truck!
7. In just 3 grams of Hawaiian Spirulina there is 2 grams of complete protein.
8. Spirulina contains omega fatty acids and has been used to treat acne and eczema.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Lose Weight without Starving By Eating Raw Food for 7 Days - Apr 24, 2015
- Supercharge Your Green Juice for Healing with Organifi Powder - Mar 29, 2015
- 4 Healthy Green Smoothie, Juicing & Detox Apps for your iPhone - Feb 16, 2015