Seeing CBD here, there, and everywhere lately? This rising superfood star (otherwise known as cannabidiol) is taking the world of wellness by storm, and finding its way into all sorts of different recipes from blended tonics and lattes to chocolate, bars and balls.
It’s no real surprise people are excited about it – it has a whole host of benefits associated with it which include supporting a balanced, healthy nervous system (say hello to that CBD zen!), supporting more restful sleep at night, serving as a potent antioxidant, and helping to regulate our entire system so we can better handle stress.
If you’re new to the world of hemp CBD, you may be thinking a few things such as, “This is from cannabis, right? So will it get me high?” Firstly, CBD derived from industrial hemp (not marijuana) is completely non-psychoactive, meaning that while, yes, it is a cannabinoid by definition, it doesn’t activate and influence the same receptor sites within the brain that THC does. Meaning, no high. The benefits are health-oriented and holistic.
You may also be thinking, “So, how do I take it?”. The truth is, there really isn’t one set way. Some experimentation is necessary as everyone’s body has varying levels of receptivity to the compound. Also, reason’s for ingesting CBD may vary drastically from person to person. But this we know, it’s certainly fun (and delicious!) to incorporate this potent adaptogen into recipes as opposed to taking it solely as a supplement on its own, although that works too!
This Green Peppermint CBD Freezer Fudge recipe can be made and stashed in your freezer for later so you always have a healthy (moderately) sweet treat available that will nourish you, help you remain calm, cool, and collected (thanks to the hemp CBD), and wont spike your blood sugar.
It’s loaded with healthy fats from coconut and tahini, is rich with minerals, antioxidants and chlorophyll thanks to matcha and spirulina, and has a seductive melt-in-the mouth consistency reminiscent of a decadent piece of fudge.
A splash of real vanilla and pure peppermint essential oil enhance the flavor and help obscure the “grassiness” of all those powerful green superfoods. And as a side benefit, peppermint oil is a great aid to digestion. Enjoy!
Green Peppermint CBD Freezer Fudge Ingredients
- 1/2 cup stone ground raw coconut butter
- 1/3 cup raw cacao butter
- 1/3 cup stone ground raw tahini
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 1/2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 dropperful Veggimins Organic Hemp Oil with 300 mg Hemp Extract – Cinnamint flavor
- 1/2 tsp spirulina powder
- 1 tsp matcha
- 1 tsp maca
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 drops therapeutic-grade peppermint essential oil (we used Young Living brand)
- Pinch of Himalayan crystal salt
- For garnishing: bee pollen, hemp seeds, and raw cacao nibs
1. Using a double boiler method, combine all ingredients over medium-low heat. Keep whisking ingredients together until all of the butters melt into a more liquid consistency. If you don’t have a double boiler, simply put water in a larger pot and the ingredients in a smaller heat-safe bowl on top. Don’t add too much water to the larger bowl, you don’t want any water to mix with your recipe ingredients.
2. Line a small glass container or glass baking pan with parchment paper and pour your green mixture in. Sprinkle with bee pollen, hemp seeds, and cacao nibs (or your favorite superfood toppings).
3. Refrigerate for several hours to fully set. Once fully set remove from pan and slice into squares or shapes of your choice. Store in fridge or freezer for up to several months.
Discover more about Windy City Organics' handcrafted raw chocolate, nut butters, and functional superfood snacks and supplements HERE.
EXCLUSIVE for Young and Raw readers: Get 10% off your order of all Windy City Organics products at RawGuru.com with code YOUNGANDRAW
Latest posts by Anna Speaks (see all)
- Green Peppermint CBD Freezer Fudge - Jun 4, 2018
- Lucky Shamrock Hemp CBD Mint Chip Shake - Mar 16, 2018
- Bring Bliss To Your Day With This Creamy Peppermint Hot Chocolate - Feb 27, 2018