Most of the time our juices don’t have Kale in them, neither does any of our meals really, but that’s about to change! Just recently we were talking about Kale through Young and Raw on Facebook and how amazing it is. Everyone shared the enthusiasm and we’ve committed to having more of this amazing super leafy green in our diets. Here’s some epic facts about Kale:
1. Kale has anti-cancer properties and has been proven in a number of studies to reduce the risk of These include colon, ovarian, prostate, breast, and bladder cancer. Why? Because Kale is also packed with anti-oxidants called carotenoids, flavonoids and glucosinolates.
2. Kale has a high level of Omega3’s making it a great anti inflammatory. Eating just 100 calories worth of Kale per day will give you 25-30% of your daily recommended intake of Omega3’s!
3. Kale has a higher iron content then a piece of beef. That’s right! Kale has more iron per calorie then that steak they’ve been telling you that you “need” or you’ll become anemic. Here’s a fact: Non-Vegetarians are seeing a growing rise in anemia.
4. Kale is also high in fiber, most meat eaters aren’t aware that their animal foods have little or no fiber in them. Why do we need fiber? Macronutrients!
5. Kale has 2 grams of protein in each cup! Put it in your post workout green smoothie too
More resources on Kale at the bottom of this article.
2 stalks Kale
4-5 stalks Celery
2 tsp Ginger
1 2 cups of Coconut Water
Juice and Enjoy! What are some of your favourite recipes with kale in them? Leave your comments below!
More resources on Kale for you:
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- 20 Healthy Reasons to Eat Chia Seeds - Jun 19, 2015
- 15 Ways Reduce Stress and Boost Your Mood - Jun 18, 2015
- Deeply Nourishing Breakfast Smoothie for Energy, Stress &Detox - Jun 18, 2015