This is by far one of my favourite green smoothies on the planet. I’d say Caleb and I drank this recipe every morning and sometimes more than once a day for at least 6 months straight. This drink is healing for the body on so many levels, so integrate it into your morning routine and alkalize your life! Oh yes and I know usually I only give a hand full of rawesome smoothie facts, but celery just happens to be one of my most favourite vegetables ever so I’ve gotta talk it up a bit extra today
- 1/2 Head Celery
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Cup Cilantro & Parsley
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Ginger
- 1/3 Pineapple
Instructions: Place all ingredients in the Vitamix and add a small amount of water, blend on high until the mixture is liquid and serve.
11 Rawesome Facts about this Smoothie
1. Celery can help reduce arthritis and rheumatism pain by clearing uric acid from painful joints.
2. Celery has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant properties and can be used for swollen glands.
3. Celery is a great source for you to get Vitamin C, so use it to boost your immune system and fight off a nasty cold!
4. Celery has calming effects, probably another reason why I enjoy eating it, juicing it and drinking it in smoothies so much!
5. Eating cucumber daily can help control eczema break outs.
6. Cucumber can be used for treatment of heart burn.
7. Pineapple cleanses the intestines and the kidneys and promotes a healthy metabolism.
8. Ginger can be used to relieve nausea, even in pregnant women during morning sickness.
9. Parsley is full of B Vitamins which are responsible for the energy production from food.
10. Cilantro naturally balances hormones and can be used to treat PMS and cramping.
11. Lemons alleviate arthritis pain, cleanse the liver and create an alkaline environment.
Learn more recipes and tips like this in our 3 months course How to Go Raw, Not Crazy! We’re taking a few more student testers, if you’d like more details on how you can get a discount on registration you can email us with the subject line “how to go raw”.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- 20 Healthy Reasons to Eat Chia Seeds - Jun 19, 2015
- 15 Ways Reduce Stress and Boost Your Mood - Jun 18, 2015
- Deeply Nourishing Breakfast Smoothie for Energy, Stress &Detox - Jun 18, 2015