This salad is low in calories but high in nutrients. If you do eat lower calorie meals, they should always be packed with nutrition. Lentils are a superior source of plant protein. In just 1 oz of lentils there is 2.6 grams of protein. All living foods contain proteins, as protein is a make up of amino acids. It’s not necessary to combine plant foods to make up complete proteins as the body will do that for you. Lentils are a wonderful addition to a raw food diet, even though they can be cooked you can also soak and sprout them first. People who have a hard time digesting beans, usually do much better with lentils.
- 1-2 cups organic arugula
- 2-3 tbsp. alf alfa sprouts
- 1/4 cup cooked green lentils
- 1/8 green apple chopped or shredded
- 2-3 slices of avocado, cubed
- shredded ginger to taste (about 2-3 swipes on a grater)
- fresh squeezed lemon juice overtop
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Young and Raw Holiday Bundle: 30 Day Meal Plans for $5 - Dec 19, 2014
- These 3 Ingredients in a Tea Will Boost Your Iron Levels Without a Supplement - Nov 21, 2014
- Quinoa and Hummus Stuffed Wraps for a Sugar-Free Detox - Nov 12, 2014