Simple green smoothie recipes are an abundant and healthful way to detox, lose weight, energize or to simply lead a healthy lifestyle. You’re in for a delightful treat with this soothing green smoothie recipe with hints of licorice (from the fennel) and vanilla combined with a creamy texture that will jumpstart your metabolism and help you start your day off right.
- Half cup loosely packed spinach
- Half avocado or coconut meat
- 1/3 cup fennel
- pinch of vanilla bean or a few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 scoop of hemp or vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- To sweeten: add 1-2 pitted dates or 1 tsp coconut sugar or use banana in addition to avocado or coconut meat
Instructions: Wash and peel/pit any fruits, veggies and leafy greens. Toss them into a blender along with your other ingredients and add liquid, blend until smooth. Depending on the type of blender you have, you may need to add more or less liquid to get the texture just right.
Pssst! Want to take the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge with Young and Raw? You can now get the App for iPhone and iPad which includes 120 deliciously healing green smoothie recipes, shopping lists and superfood tips.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016
- This Spiced Zucchini Carrot Loaf is Gluten Free and Vegan! - Feb 11, 2016