Thai spices sure inspire me in the kitchen. While creating my Global Cuisine Series, I invented this amazingly delicious soup that actually uses all of the inspirational Thai herbs and spices mentioned in my previous post: “6 Healing Thai Spices You Can Include in Your Cooking”. I shared some of my favorite healing spices from Thailand, their traditional uses and health benefits. Hope you enjoy it!
Kaffir Lime Carrot Soup
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemongrass, chopped finely.
- 1/4 cup kaffir lime leaves, chopped finely.
- 3 cups of water (water to steep the above ingredients)
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup young coconut meat
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Nectar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ inch sized piece of Siamese ginger or Galangal
- ½tbs of minced shallot
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- a pinch of salt to taste
- fresh Thai basil to garnish
1. Prepare the lemongrass and Kaffir Lime leaf, place in two cups of boiling water and steep for at least 10 minutes. This flavourful water will be the base of the soup. (Always be sure to use organic ingredients if available).
2. Remove lemongrass and lime leaves from the water and add this water along with the rest of the ingredients in the blender and blend until steamy and smooth, about 3 minutes.
3. Pour into bowls, and garnish with a generous Thai basil chiffonade and serve immediately while warm.
Her websites are: http://www.pachavega.com
https://www.facebook.com/pachavegaliving https://www.instagram.com/pachavega/ https://twitter.com/pachavegaliving https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniellearsenaultpachavega/