This smoothie is full of healthy, whole food ingredients, yet it tastes like a decadent, indulgent dessert. Perfect for hot summer days, it’ll quench your thirst, satisfy your sweet tooth, and the zesty lemon twist might just give you an extra boost of energy!
Lemon Coconut Pie Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 scoop Vega Performance Protein in vanilla
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest, + 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- lemon zest, sliced almonds, and dried coconut – all optional, to garnish
- Toss all ingredients except garnishes in a blender and puree until completely smooth.
- Adjust thickness by adding more ice or chia seeds if desired. (Let the chia seeds sit in the smoothie once blended to allow them to absorb some of the liquid.)
- Pour into a glass and garnish with slivered almonds, lemon zest and dried coconut.
Out of lemons? No worries! You can easily switch this one up by swapping in limes or oranges in the same quantities as listed above.
Latest posts by Angela Simpson (see all)
- Light and Luscious: Lemon Coconut Pie Smoothie - Jul 13, 2015
- 3 Ingredient Recipe: Maca Maple Dusted Cashews - Jul 13, 2015
- Clean Eating Recipe: Summertime Quinoa and Greens Salad - Jun 15, 2015