As we transition from summer to fall it is a great idea to pay a little extra attention to your immune system. With all the amazing supportive and protective qualities of fruits and veggies there is no reason to feel that you may fall victim to seasonal illness. This particular smoothie is packed full of vitamin C from the kiwi and limes, vitamins and minerals that are important for immune function from the dandelion greens and prebiotic fibre that will feed your healthy bacteria from the banana. This smoothie also contains coconut milk with is rich in lauric acid. Lauric acid has been studied for its antiviral properties.
- 1 kiwi
- 1 cup dandelion greens
- 1/3 lime, juiced
- 3 leaves basil
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 cup coconut milk
1. If you are using an organic kiwi you can blend it with the skin on. If not remove the skin.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016
- This Spiced Zucchini Carrot Loaf is Gluten Free and Vegan! - Feb 11, 2016