St. Patrick’s Day is here! Which means processed food joints near and far have rolled out all kinds of green colored sugar bombs. Even though we know these treats aren’t good for us, it can still be tempting at times to give in and indulge.
If the cravings have been real these last few weeks, try making this delectable and highly nourishing superfood shake. It’s creamy, minty, and sweet, yet each sip is like diving into a pot of superfood gold thanks to a few key, nutrient-rich and highly functional, whole food ingredients.
The main superfood treasure within is broad-spectrum, hemp-based cannabidiol (CBD for short). CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in hemp which can help support health and wellness with neuroprotective, antioxidant, and adaptogenic properties. It has also been shown to help support the body and mind’s response to inflammation and stress¹. The shake features both CBD in extract form and also CBD-infused raw chocolate. Feeling lucky already?
This smoothie also offers up a solid dose of antioxidants from raw cacao, healthy fats from raw coconut meat and cashew butter, and a hefty dose of fiber and phytonutrition thanks to a few sneaky veggies we bet you’ll have trouble detecting they’re even there.
You’ll definitely be feeling like a lucky little leprechaun after a few sips of this shake! (everyone’s goal this St. Paddy’s Day right?) So let’s get to it…
Lucky Shamrock Hemp CBD Mint Chip Superfood Shake
Makes roughly 2, 10 oz servings
- 1 cup fresh coconut water (ideally straight from a young Thai coconut. If not available we recommend Harmless Harvest or Exotic Superfoods brands)
- 1/2 cup young Thai coconut meat, packed*
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets (steamed and then frozen)
- 1 cup ice cubes (about 5 medium ice cubes)
- 1 small handful baby spinach
- 1 Tbs Dastony Stone-Ground Cashew Butter
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup – or to taste (it will depend on how sweet your coconut water is)
- 1 serving (30 drops) Veggimins Hemp CBD Extract – 600 mg strength**
- 1 Veggimins Hemp CBD Raw Chocolate Bar – 15 or 5 mg strength (or use our Rawmio Chocolate Essentials Bar – Mint)
- 1/2 tsp spirulina (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract (or 2-3 drops therapeutic-grade peppermint essential oil)
*You can also use frozen coconut meat sold at many health food stores in the frozen fruit section. Use 1 packet if doing this.
1. Blend all ingredients except CBD Chocolate Bar in a blender until smooth.
2. Once blended, break CBD Chocolate Bars into two pieces, toss half into your blender carafe, and pulse a few more times to create chocolate “chips”. Use the other half crushed up as a garnish.
3. Pour into 2 glasses (or one big glass) and feel the magic!
**This extract has a total of 20 mg CBD/serving, giving this recipe 10 mg of hemp CBD per serving + what is in the chocolate bar (depending on which chocolate you use).
Discover more about Windy City Organics' handcrafted raw chocolate, nut butters, and functional superfood snacks and supplements HERE.
EXCLUSIVE for Young and Raw readers: Get 10% off your order of all Windy City Organics products at RawGuru.com with code YOUNGANDRAW
Latest posts by Anna Speaks (see all)
- Lucky Shamrock Hemp CBD Mint Chip Shake - Mar 16, 2018
- Bring Bliss To Your Day With This Creamy Peppermint Hot Chocolate - Feb 27, 2018
- 10 Tips for a Flatter Belly and Smoother Digestion This Winter - Feb 5, 2018