This recipe goes out to all those who are nut-sensitive! These delicious nut-free granola bars use dates and banana as the primary binding ingredient, instead of relying on nut butter! The results are moist and make a perfect afternoon snack! Enjoy!
Prep time: 60 mins
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dates, soaked and drained
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 ripe banana
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Line an 8”x 8” pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, coconut flakes, and dried apricots.
- In a food processor, combine dates, coconut oil, agave, banana, sea salt, vanilla and cinnamon. Purée until smooth.
- Combine both mixtures together in bow and mix well.
- Squeeze mixture together between two fingers. It should stick together. If it doesn’t, purée some more dates and add to mixture. If mixture is too moist, add in more oats.
- Pour mixture into lined pan and press tightly.
- Chill in fridge for at least 2 hours. Once chilled, cut into 10 bars, wrap individually and store in fridge.
Originally posted on the Vega Recipe Center
Find More From Morgan
Vegan and Raw Food Recipes here >>
Nutrition and Health Tips here >>
Latest posts by Morgan Shupe (see all)
- Cook Up A Spice-Storm with this Moroccan-Inspired Vegan Stew - May 31, 2016
- Nut-Free Granola Bars with Dates, Apricot and Banana - May 30, 2016
- 3 Mason Jar Salad Recipes To Make Mon-Fri Lunches Chore-Free - May 29, 2016