Omega Baby Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie
A smoothie full of good omega fats for everyone and specially designed with baby bellies and nursing mammas in mind. This smoothie makes a great breakfast or afternoon snack. And look at the frozen heart-shaped strawberry! How perfect for this for the Omega Baby Smoothie. It tastes a lot like a strawberry milkshake with a hint of kiwi, such great flavor and super good for you too! Some studies suggest you should avoid hemp oil during pregnancy and others suggest it’s a great addition, so use your intuition and consult with a nutritionist before using it as your omega source during pregnancy OR just switch to Chia Oil instead
- 2 Kiwis (peel and all as long as they are organic)
- 1.5 Cups of Frozen Strawberries
- 2 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp. Hemp Oil or Chia Seed Oil if Pregnant
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
Instructions: Blend on high until smooth and let sit for a minute or two so the chia seeds get softer.
5 Rawesome Facts About this Smoothie
1. In just 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds, there is 1.7 grams of protein, 4.2 grams of carbohydrates, 3.1 grams of fat (1.8 grams of that is Omega 3.
2. Coconut has been known to assist the body in absorbing calcium and magnesium, making it a wonderful milk and yogurt alternative for anyone who wants to build and maintain strong, healthy bones.
3. Hemp oil contains the perfect harmony of Omega fats out of all other oils and foods providing Omegas in the diet. A deficiency in EFA’s (essential fatty acids) has been known to manifest in the form of eczema or other skin conditions. Taking hemp oil may help to heal or reverse these conditions. There are some studies that suggest it should be avoided during pregnancy and some that suggest it is a great addition, so use your discretion and consult with a nutritionist before using it as your source of omegas during pregnancy and nursing.
4. Kiwi is high in Vitamin C which helps to protect and boost the immune system. Like all fruits, it’s also high in fiber and anti-oxidants that help ward off free radicals in the body and keep you young and vibrant.
5. Just a hand full or two of strawberries will serve you up more Vitamin C than an orange, as well as trace amounts of B Vitamins and a high dose of Manganese.
Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie
What are your favourite smoothie combos? Share your ideas in the comments below!
"Sign up for Young and Raw Updates"
Recipes, Personal Growth & Lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox :-)