This smoothie is amazing for a pre-cardio workout snack. It’s light, digests quickly and will give you a quick release of energy. It is also rich in electrolytes which is very important if you are going to be engaging in any intense workouts, or workouts that last longer than 45. Both oranges and pineapple are rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, which will help to minimize cell damage from your workout. Most people do not realize that working out does actually increase free radical activity. That is why filling your diet with fruits and veggies before and after working out is so important. The pineapple in this smoothie is also amazing for helping to bring down inflammation which also can be produced in the body during physical activity. If you find you’re sensitive to sugar, try adding some extra fats to this smoothie like coconut oil, or hemp oil.
- 3-4 whole oranges, peeled
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1 cup coconut or regular water.
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
Directions: Peel your oranges and pineapple. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016
- This Spiced Zucchini Carrot Loaf is Gluten Free and Vegan! - Feb 11, 2016