Want to really impress your friends at your next potluck? This kale salad is not only beautiful to look at but also full of flavour, nutrients, and works really well when made in big batches. Don’t be afraid to get your hands right in there and give those kale leaves a nice long massage!
Rainbow Kale Salad with Miso Tahini Dressing
(Makes about 10 cups)
For the dressing: (You will have leftovers – this makes about 500mL)
- 300g soft tofu
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp miso
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- juice of 1 large lemon
For the rest:
- 5 cups kale, chopped, rough stems removed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a blender or food processor and whirl until completely smooth. Add a bit of extra lemon juice to thin if desired, then set aside.
- Wash and chop the kale, removing the thick stems. In a large bowl, drizzle the apple cider vinegar over the kale and massage it for a few minutes with your hands, as if you were kneading dough.
- Prepare the cabbage and carrot as directed above and add them to the kale. Pour about 1/4 cup of dressing into the bowl and continue massaging with your hands, further softening the kale.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl, along with a bit more dressing. Toss to coat, then serve.
Latest posts by Angela Simpson (see all)
- Light and Luscious: Lemon Coconut Pie Smoothie - Jul 13, 2015
- 3 Ingredient Recipe: Maca Maple Dusted Cashews - Jul 13, 2015
- Clean Eating Recipe: Summertime Quinoa and Greens Salad - Jun 15, 2015