Raspberries are an amazing fruit! They have an abundance of anti-oxidants and also have some of the highest amounts of fibre among other fruits. Also high in Vitamin C, they protect your body from cell damage and attacks from free radicals. Raspberries and blackberries have always been some of my favourites, I absolutely adore exotic fruit. I’ve had a hard time enjoying fruits like melons and canteloupe. I call those “boring fruits”. Ok, ok, I know some of you might be saying “hey, I LOVE cantelope”. What can I say? I love wildly coloured, flavour bursting fruits
Fruit Nutrition Facts:
1. Mangos are high in Vitamin A & C, as well as a great source of fibre. Plus they’re delicious, how can you go wrong with a mango?
2. Pineapples are full of digestive enzymes, manganese and a very good source of Vitamin b1. Also containing bromelain, my friend and holistic nutritionist has recommended pineapple juice in my greens when I’ve had a headache.
3. Bananas are very high in potassium making them popular in the fitness realm. They’re also a great source of Vitamins b5, b6 and manganese.
4.. We get our coconut water from Organic Lives. It’s the only raw unpasteurized coconut water in the world, and I believe Donna Gates may also have a product very similar. We can only get the OL coconut water in Canada right now, so while we travel we opt for body ecology coconut water. Coconut water is a miracle food, a superfood to the max. In world war 2, coconut water was used for blood transfusions on the battle field due to it’s similar form to blood plasma.
This is our fruity Raspberry Sunrise Smoothie recipe:
Equipment: Vitamix or high powered blender
1 cup of frozen raspberries
1/3 fresh cut pineapple
1/2 fresh cut mango
1-2 frozen ripened bananas
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- The Night Before Breakfast Idea: Coconut Blueberry Chia Pudding - September 20, 2014
- Have a Green Morning! This Smoothie is Loaded with Healthy Fats and Supports Weight Loss - September 19, 2014
- This Smoothie Will Trigger Happy Chemicals in the Brain that Can Help Reduce Depression - September 19, 2014