If you’ve eliminated un-sprouted grains from your diet for any reason, whether it be that you have celiac, you’re trying to lose weight or just because you’re a raw foody then it’s possible you might still experience those pesky cravings for something bread like, a sandwhich perhaps?
My original inspiration for this turmeric bread stems from a visit we had up at our friend Jeremy Safrons farm in Haiku. He had made bread with turmeric from his land and when I tried it I was amazed at how much flavour it posessed. That was over a year ago now and since we use turmeric frequently around here I though it was about time to create my own.
- 3 cups buckwheat, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1.5 cups sunflower seeds, soaked for 4 hours and rinsed
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2.5 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1.5 tsp. himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw coconut water or water
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/4 cup yellow onion
1. Buckwheat and sunflower seeds can go in the food processor first with your seasonings. Depending on the size of your food processor you may have to blend your ingredients in portions and then transfer them all to one large bowl and mix.
2. Once all of your ingredients are blended into a dough like mixture, stir together in a bowl and begin to transfer onto your teflex dehydrator trays.
3. Spread your mixture evenly onto dehydrator sheets, until you have about 1/8 inch thick almost corner to corner on your tray. Make sure that your mixture is even.
4. Pop in the dehydrator at 110-115 for 6-8 hours and store in a cool, dry place for 5-7 days. If your bread is less dry, you may want to store it in the fridge and then pop it back in the dehydrator for 20 minutes before use.
I made a sandwich with sprouted cayenne hummus (which we bought at the store), alf alfa sprouts, mashed avocado, pickles and tomato.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016
- This Spiced Zucchini Carrot Loaf is Gluten Free and Vegan! - Feb 11, 2016