This was my first go at making a curry dish, and I have to say, it turned out great. I not only had Caleb praising my name but another friend of ours started doing a giddy dance after taking a bite, right before my eyes. Something tells me I’ll be making this again very soon.
- 1 Yam
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 -3 cups of chick peas
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Cans of organic, regular coconut milk
- 1.5 tbsp indian curry spice
- 1 tbsp himalayan crystal salt
- 1/3 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander seed (ground powder)
- pinch of real cinnamon
1. First place your chopped onions in the pan, and let them warm until they become soft with a nice aroma. Add your coconut milk and the rest of your seasonings to the mix, stir.
2. Next put all of your veggies into the mix and stir again, until all of the veggies are covered in sauce and ready to simmer. Leave on medium heat, stirring on occasion until veggies are tender.
- 2 cups of Quinoa
- 4 cups of Vegetable Broth
- 1/3 cup of cilantro
Pour your quinoa and vegetable broth into a pot, leave on medium heat, stirring on occasion until the quinoa is soft, with no remaining liquid in the pot. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. You may add a tiny bit of extra virgin 100% organic olive oil if you like. Garnish with cilantro.
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- The Night Before Breakfast Idea: Coconut Blueberry Chia Pudding - September 20, 2014
- Have a Green Morning! This Smoothie is Loaded with Healthy Fats and Supports Weight Loss - September 19, 2014
- This Smoothie Will Trigger Happy Chemicals in the Brain that Can Help Reduce Depression - September 19, 2014