One indicator of good health and a balanced hormonal and endocrine system is how clear and bright our skin appears. Anyone who suffers from skin problems will tell you that it is definitely something that affects not just the way you look, but the way you feel about yourself. When experiencing skin conditions like acne, eczema, or dry and flay skin, it can cause a drop in self-confidence and can increase stress and anxiety about your appearance.
They say that beauty is only skin deep, but in fact, our skin is a reflection of the condition inside our body. This makes sense when you remember that our skin is the largest organ in the body, and like all our organs, when something fails or gets sick, it affects our overall health and well-being.
Sometimes, the best way to relieve skin problems is to actually fix the root cause so that the problem causing the reaction on our skin can be taken care of once and for all.
How To Heal The Skin Naturally
There are quite a few natural ways to treat skin conditions from the inside out. This approach might be a little different to treating the skin directly with lotions and creams. However, by focusing on nutrition, the imbalances inside that are leading to the problem skin might actually improve.
Here are 10 foods to eat for healthy skin
1. Blueberries and Pomegranates: These fruits are rich in the antioxidant anthocyanin, which helps protect you from fine lines and dryness.
2. Raw Dark Chocolate: Contains flavonoids that protect the skin from sun damage.
3. Spinach: Includes vital nutrients and antioxidants which help fight inflammation and free radical damage that can cause our skin to age more quickly.
4. Walnuts: The omega 3 and vitamin E in walnuts make for smoother skin, healthier hair and stronger bones.
5. Pumpkin Seeds: Contain zinc which helps calm skin inflammation and helps in cell regeneration to make our skin more youthful.
6. Tomatoes: Have lycopene which can protect the skin from sun damage.
7. Kiwis: This delicious fruit has a high vitamin C content which stimulates collagen production and repairs damage to skin-cell DNA.
8. Organic Edamame: These young soy beans have isoflavones that can ease inflammation and slow down collagen breakdown.
9. Sweet potatoes, carrots and butternut squash: Have high concentrations of beta-carotene which the body turns into skin-smoothing retinol.
10. Green tea: The antioxidant catechin helps prevent certain cancers and can also stave off sunburn.
Now she is revealing her tips and tricks for living a healthy life so you can feel empowered to lose weight and to get healthy, be happy and feel sexy.
Go to The Wellness Warung and get Simone’s free e-book that will teach you her secrets to losing weight without dieting through healthy lifestyle practices that you can implement to live an awesome life!
Latest posts by Simone Samuels (see all)
- 12 Natural Solutions to Getting a Better Night’s Sleep - September 26, 2014
- 7 Easy Ways to Detox Every Day for More Energy and Vibrant Skin - September 21, 2014
- Why I Tell All My Clients to Drink More Water (and What Kind to Drink) - September 9, 2014