Basil contains magnesium, which is important for helping muscles and blood vessels relax, which is very important for blood pressure health. Basil is also a good source of iron, which can help to prevent anemia. Quick tip, if you eat iron-rich foods like basil with a vitamin C source like oranges or bell peppers, you increase your bodies ability to absorb the iron.
Strengthening Basil Smoothie
- 2 cups pineapple
- 1 handful basil
- 2 cups green of choice
- 1 cup coconut or regular water
- 1 Tbsp nuts, seeds, superfoods and/or plant powders
*Omit herbs if you are pregnant or nursing or have a health condition that may result in a contraindication.
Latest posts by Young and Raw (see all)
- Magnesium and Iron Rich Strengthening Basil Smoothie - Oct 30, 2019
- 10 Bountiful Benefits of Basil - Oct 3, 2019
- 7 Ways Lemons Heal! - Oct 1, 2019