1. Skin: Did you know that lemons have long been used for their anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties but also come packed with phytochemicals and antioxidants that heal and create healthy, glowing skin?
2. Liver Cleansing: Lemons are helpful in cleansing the liver, which is responsible for processing toxins and hormones. Add a fresh squeezed lemon to your morning water to cleanse and strengthen your immune system.
3. Anti-inflammatory: While lemons are acidic in nature, they are actually “alkaline forming” meaning they become alkaline in your body thus they have been used for their anti-inflammatory properties by arthritis patients,
4. Weight Loss/Cleansing: Lemons are blood purifying fruits, and can aid in digestion. Squeezing lemon onto your food or into your water will help your body properly metabolise a heavy meal. Some scientists even say lemons aid in weight loss.
5. Toothache: Try some lemon juice on the gum area to relieve pain and stop the bleeding.
6. Sunburn: Run some lemon juice on your skin to prevent your skin from getting worse after a burn. They are a natural anti-septic so using lemons on your skin can also help with acne and eczema.
7. Cold/Sore Throat: Lemons are anti-bacterial in nature so squeeze lemon juice into your drink or onto your food if you have a throat infection to help kill bad bacteria and speed up the healing process. (Celery, cucumber, ginger and lemon is a great combo for sore colds and sore throats – blend in a smoothie.)
What other ways can you think of to use lemons for improving your health and well being? Share ideas below!
Young and Raw
Our flagship program that’s transformed thousands of lives and improved the health of families all over the world.
30 Day R.E.A.L. Food Meal Plans:
Reduce Your Stress and Get Your Body Back into Balance by Following Nutritionist Designed and Doctor Approved Meal Plans!
Latest posts by Young and Raw (see all)
- Magnesium and Iron Rich Strengthening Basil Smoothie - Oct 30, 2019
- 10 Bountiful Benefits of Basil - Oct 3, 2019
- 7 Ways Lemons Heal! - Oct 1, 2019