As the holiday season approaches and life seems to ramp up a notch, it can feel like our bodies don’t have enough energy to do it all. This can lead to holiday season stress and anxiety which is something we all dread about the festive season, and this can take all the fun away from what should be a really enjoyable time of year.
By focusing on protecting your nervous system before it gets frazzled, you will be able to prevent your anxiety levels from rising and won’t have to rely on unhealthy alternatives just to stay energized.
4 Tools To Help Nourish Your Nervous System
Here are 4 approaches to help care for your nervous system for increased energy, which can help to get you through the silly season feeling fresh and not frazzled:
1. Nervine Herbs: Strengthen the nervous system with herbs such as burdock, dandelion, ginkgo, nettle, oaks and Siberian ginseng. Drink these herbs in teas throughout the day and notice your stress levels subside.
2. Calming Herbs: Encourage calm and relaxation with chamomile, valerian, lemon balm and oats. These are particularly great for the evenings to help your mind and body calm down and relax for a comfortable sleep.
3. Energy Boosting Herbs: Explore coffee alternatives such as Yerba Mate, green tea, black tea, or Rooibos (African Red Bush) to avoid the caffeine jitters that coffee can cause. These are great if you’re addicted to caffeine and want to transition slowly.
4. Calcium: Calcium has a soothing effect on the nervous system. Eat calcium-rich foods, like leafy greens which are high in calcium and easy to add into your meals or throw into a green smoothie.
Have you ever tried any of these natural ways of protecting your nervous system? Have you any other tips to share for surviving the silly season craziness?
Now she is revealing her tips and tricks for living a healthy life so you can feel empowered to lose weight and to get healthy, be happy and feel sexy.
Go to The Wellness Warung and get Simone’s free e-book that will teach you her secrets to losing weight without dieting through healthy lifestyle practices that you can implement to live an awesome life!
Latest posts by Simone Samuels (see all)
- Want to Try Going Raw? Here Are My 10 Starter Tips as a Nutritionist! - Oct 26, 2014
- 5 Sneaky Foods to Avoid When You’re Cleaning Up Your Diet - Oct 15, 2014
- 12 Natural Solutions to Getting a Better Night’s Sleep - Sep 26, 2014