Write for us
Thank you for your interest in being a Featured Writer on YoungandRaw.com. In order to write for us, please review our guidelines below before submitting your application.
Our arrangement for Featured Writers who would like to do continual features is as follows:
- You can write 1 to 4 articles for YoungandRaw.com each month.
- After writing for YoungandRaw.com for 1 month, we will check in with you to discuss future plans, gauge the community response, and whether or not you would like to write for us on a continual basis. We like to have this time in place to allow all parties to connect and see how the arrangement feels.
- You can also do a one time feature for Youngand Raw.com and submit 1 article.
All authors need to submit the following after filling out the form below:
- Picture, Bio, Website so we can set up a guest author account for you.
- Best contact information – Name & Email address so we can be in touch.
- Dates for submitting articles are generally Sunday of each month, and will be published either on Monday or some time during the week.
- You can submit 1-4 topics when you agree to write for YoungandRaw.com or we can work with you to suggest topics that align with your passion and the interest of our readers.
- YoungandRaw.com is responsible for all of the publishing, and reserves the right to make final edits to the authors work (limited to spelling, grammatical edits, double checking facts and any claims made) so your creativity will be respected and honored.
We have a few guidelines for ingredients that we don’t use on our website:
- Cacao (we did use this in the beginning and are now not promoting it as a health food, but as the stimulant it is.)
- Agave Nectar
- Animal Products of any kind excluding Bee products like Honey, Bee Pollen that are local, sustainably farmed and organic. Wherever possible we tend to use natural sweeteners that aren’t from bees to respect our readers but we do still use bee products from time to time.
- Top allergens like wheat, soy, corn & gluten.
Our philosophy & guidelines:
- A positive mindset is key to success on a raw food, vegan or plant-based lifestyle.
- We always respect free will and individual choice. There is no one size fits all diet in our minds, however we do promote the benefits of a plant based, high raw diet for those who choose to live it.
Some other principles we choose to live by and work by are as follows:
- Authenticity is a must.
- Unconditional love.
- Be the change you wish to see in the world. (Gandhi)
- Lead by example
- What works for me may not work for you and that’s ok.
- Work with the willing.
Who are our readers?
- Mostly women between the ages of 25-45 generally with 1 or more child under the age of 5.
- Our second largest demographic is women who are in the age range of 45-55 with children in their teens or early adulthood.
Guidelines for our writers:
- You can be as personal as you like.
- Only one space after a period.
- If your post is going to contain links, do a quick search on YoungandRaw.com before linking to an outside source just in case we have what you’re looking for.
- Numbered posts do really well for example: 9 Tips for Losing Weight with Raw Food.
- All posts must be written in line with our philosophy, we are not interested in solely SEO driven posts, although specific keywords are helpful. We choose a fluid and enjoyable reading experience for the viewer over SEO optimization. We write for the people, to the people, not for robots to robots.
Because we currently do not monetarily compensate writers for posts, it’s our pleasure to share your articles, bio, website and social media links with our readers and our community on Facebook and Twitter resulting in increased high quality traffic to your own web properties. YoungandRaw.com is a great way for you to promote your services, blog or product to our readers, within the respectful guidelines we set. You never know who’s reading the blog, opportunities for book deals, speaking gigs and interviews can arise through your featured posts.
If you’re in alignment with this agreement, here’s how to get started:
Fill in the form below include a date for when you will submit your first post. (As mentioned, Sundays of each week during the month are when we like to have writers submit their content however anytime before Sunday is also ok if you have a different schedule.)
Upon the approval of your application, you will be given your own login so you can create a post, and you will not have the ability to publish it before it is reviewed and approved.
Please also be ready to submit the following upon the approval of your application:
1. Any relevant images for your post (please send as separate files in your email, not pasted within a doc) with links to original source if you do not own the image rights.
2. Your brief bio (less than 120 words) with links to your site, Facebook, Twitter, and other pages.
3. A headshot or photo of you you’d like us to use for your bio.
4. If you have your 1-4 subjects for the month that you’d like to write about please submit those as well, if you would like some suggestions or guidance in this area we’re more than happy to help you