Remember when we were kids and we’d jump on the bed? Maybe if our parents had known the vast amount of benefits that come from that jumping up and down motion, they wouldn’t have yelled at us to stop!
Let’s talk about the adult version of jumping on the bed, it’s called rebounding. Rebounding is just a fancy title for, ‘’mini trampoline.’’ You can rebound anywhere from 5 minutes to as long as your heart desires.
The most commonly known benefit of rebounding is the stimulation of your lymphatic system. Your lymphatic system is like your body’s internal filtration system. It’s job is to filter your blood and dispose of acidic and toxic waste.
Without it our cells, tissue and organs would become overloaded with toxins. A sluggish or unhealthy lymph system could lead to a weakened immune system, chronic fatigue, aches and pains, bloating, cellulite, your body collecting fat deposits, poor digestion, fibromyalgia and so much dang more.
Rebounding for just 5-15 minutes a day can increases the circulation of your lymphatic system by 15-30 times!
Aside from really rockin’ your lymphatic system, rebounding has plenty of other neat benefits:
- Zero-impact exercise that won’t stress your joints
- Strengthens abdominal muscles
- Enhances digestion and elimination ( pooping is essential to good health!)
- Helps burn calories
- Helps decrease your resting heart rate
- Circulates oxygen to tissues and muscles in the body
- Helps promote relaxation
- Improves quality of sleep
- Increases blood flow in the veins of your circulatory system
- Normalizes your blood pressure
- May help combat depression
- Stimulates your metabolism
- Promotes muscle tone
- Increases the production of red blood cells.
- Lowers elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels
All of that just from jumping on a trampoline for a few minutes a day? Hell yeah!
How to rebound
1. Step on your mini-trampoline
2. Jump up and down
3. Repeat daily
Bam! Like Emeril! Now go rebound. You’ll do something amazing for your health, and, rebounding is quite joyful. Something about just jumping up and down is fun and freeing. It really helps release the inner child in you and who knows, that happy inner child may provide you with some much-needed perspective.
Like maybe your mother in law cringing at your homemade German chocolate cake isn’t that big of a deal, and is so not worth the wasted energy from holding on to that grudge. Thank you rebounding!
I want to live in a world where people are open-minded, excited to step outside of their comfort zone, and there’s a bookstore on every corner.
As a women’s Law of Attraction Life Coach, book addict, and wine lover, my unique approach has helped thousands of women all around the world co-create a life they love.
When I’m not working with clients, or creating LOA content that often contains four-letter words, you can find me re-reading the collected works of Amy Schumer, Wayne Dyer, sampling obscene amounts of wine without a trace of shame, and optimistically checking out my window to see if UPS has delivered my latest Amazon present.
You can discover my wildly successful programs at https://connietrowbridge.com/
And if you enjoy manifesting stories, humor, and pictures of books and wine 😉 you can keep up with me (the Kardashians have enough followers) at https://www.instagram.com/connieville525/
Latest posts by Connie Trowbridge (see all)
- When A Fitness & Nutrition Expert Gains Weight, This Is What They Do - Jan 8, 2018
- Your Holiday Game Plan! A New Approach for Losing the Holiday Weight without Cleanses, Portion Control, or Deprivation! - Dec 5, 2017
- 6 Herbs for Fat Loss, Increased Energy and Boosting Health That Really Work - Jan 3, 2016