The first thing we consume in the mornings is a critical health practice because we are ending an all-night fast. Therefore, what we consume makes a great impact to our health and is easily absorbed by the body.
Drinking a glass of warm water with apple cider vinegar, lemon and cayenne pepper can do magical things for your health. This simple and easy drink is amazing. The benefits are extensive! Here are all the awesome benefits you will be reaping by drinking this tonic first thing in the morning:
- Purifies the colon making it easier to absorb nutrients and improve digestion.
- Balances the lymph system which helps with daily functions, balances body fluids and fights infection.
- Lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Lowers high blood pressure.
- Restores alkaline acid balance, which relieves problems with diets high in acid-producing foods.
- Helps break down fats, often resulting in weight loss.
- Removes toxins.
- Lemon is a mucus buster.
- Detoxifies and feeds the liver
- Strengthens you immune system, therefore you get sick less
- You will feel lighter
- You will have regular eliminations
- Clearer skin
- More energy
- Boosts you metabolism
I told you it was pretty awesome, now for the recipe:
Drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach*
- 12 ounces of warm water. *Make sure you do not use hot water. Using hot water will kill the essential properties of the ingredients. Heat kills vitamins, minerals, enzymes and so on. So warm water only*
- Add the juice of half a lemon
- Add 2 tablespoons of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother (this can be found at a health food store, Weiss, Wegmans, and even wal-mart)
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Stir well and enjoy.
- I recommend drinking this through a straw so your teeth are not exposed to the acid.
- Wait 10-15 minutes after drinking this before you eat anything else. This gives the body a chance to fully absorb this wonderful drink.
Special note Some people cannot handle the tartness of this drink at first, I don’t even notice it anymore. So to help you in making the transition, add a teaspoon of raw/local honey to this drink and it will sweeten it right up. As you become accustomed to the taste, you can begin to dial back on the honey until you are consuming it with no added sweetener. Keep at it, this drink is worth it, and your body will thank you for it.
I want to live in a world where people are open-minded, excited to step outside of their comfort zone, and there’s a bookstore on every corner.
As a women’s Law of Attraction Life Coach, book addict, and wine lover, my unique approach has helped thousands of women all around the world co-create a life they love.
When I’m not working with clients, or creating LOA content that often contains four-letter words, you can find me re-reading the collected works of Amy Schumer, Wayne Dyer, sampling obscene amounts of wine without a trace of shame, and optimistically checking out my window to see if UPS has delivered my latest Amazon present.
You can discover my wildly successful programs at https://connietrowbridge.com/
And if you enjoy manifesting stories, humor, and pictures of books and wine 😉 you can keep up with me (the Kardashians have enough followers) at https://www.instagram.com/connieville525/
Latest posts by Connie Trowbridge (see all)
- When A Fitness & Nutrition Expert Gains Weight, This Is What They Do - Jan 8, 2018
- Your Holiday Game Plan! A New Approach for Losing the Holiday Weight without Cleanses, Portion Control, or Deprivation! - Dec 5, 2017
- 6 Herbs for Fat Loss, Increased Energy and Boosting Health That Really Work - Jan 3, 2016