Want to get rid of cellulite? Have silky, drool worthy, smooth skin? A firm and tone badonkadonk? The JLO glow? Of course ya do. Not only can dry body brushing help you with all of this, but it also increases lymphatic drainage and boosts your lymphatic system which will do wonders for your skin and internal health.
What is the lymphatic system?
Our skin is our largest organ. We both absorb and detox through our skin. Your lymphatic system is like your body’s internal filtration system. It’s job is to filter your blood and dispose of acidic and toxic waste. Without it our cells, tissue and organs would become overloaded with toxins. A sluggish or unhealthy lymph system could lead to a weakened immune system, chronic fatigue, aches and pains, bloating, cellulite, your body collecting fat deposits, poor digestion, fibromyalgia and so much dang more.
In order to have both external and internal health, you want to make sure you have an awesome lymph system that will remove as many toxins as possible. Your lymphatic system does NOT perform on it’s own, it NEEDS you to stimulate it. One of these ways is by dry body brushing.
Dry body brushing and cellulite
- Dry brushing is one of the most tried and tested methods of banishing cellulite. Cellulite is toxic material accumulated in your body’s fat cells; dry brushing does a fan-freaking-tastic job of increasing circulation and diminishing those fat cells.
- Dry body brushing buffs away those dead skin cells, encourages the growth of new ones and leaves you with smooth and brighter skin. Cha ching!
- It helps tone up your muscles, and encourages tighter skin via stimulation.
- Gives you a more even distribution of fat deposits.
- Get rids of clogged pores.
How to dry body brush
Try not to get too caught up in the specifics below. It’s more important to implement the habit than it is to do it perfectly.
- The first thing you need to do is go out and get yourself a natural body brush with a firm bristle. I recommend one with a removable handle for easier navigating.
- Ideally, the best time to do your body brushing is first thing in the morning, before you shower. You’ll be using gentle, circular movements as you brush towards your heart.
- Start with the soles of your feet and work your way up your legs, then hands and arms.
- Then you’ll reach over and brush your buttocks, then back and around to the stomach. Brush your stomach in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Feel free to spend some extra time in any areas you like to give some extra love. If you hold cellulite in your thighs, then brush a little longer in that area for more stimulation.
- Avoid any tender areas or anywhere your skin is thin or damaged.
- Give your brush a wash regularly with warm water and a natural, mild soap. Rinse and leave it to air-dry.
Many health food and beauty stores carry a body brush. You can also easily get one from Amazon.com
I want to live in a world where people are open-minded, excited to step outside of their comfort zone, and there’s a bookstore on every corner.
As a women’s Law of Attraction Life Coach, book addict, and wine lover, my unique approach has helped thousands of women all around the world co-create a life they love.
When I’m not working with clients, or creating LOA content that often contains four-letter words, you can find me re-reading the collected works of Amy Schumer, Wayne Dyer, sampling obscene amounts of wine without a trace of shame, and optimistically checking out my window to see if UPS has delivered my latest Amazon present.
You can discover my wildly successful programs at https://connietrowbridge.com/
And if you enjoy manifesting stories, humor, and pictures of books and wine 😉 you can keep up with me (the Kardashians have enough followers) at https://www.instagram.com/connieville525/
Latest posts by Connie Trowbridge (see all)
- When A Fitness & Nutrition Expert Gains Weight, This Is What They Do - Jan 8, 2018
- Your Holiday Game Plan! A New Approach for Losing the Holiday Weight without Cleanses, Portion Control, or Deprivation! - Dec 5, 2017
- 6 Herbs for Fat Loss, Increased Energy and Boosting Health That Really Work - Jan 3, 2016