This salad is packed with protein, healthy omega 3s, phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals. It’s also a super easy salad to whip up if you’re in a rush or coming off of a cleanse.
(Serves 2 big salads)
- Large Head of Rinsed, Chopped Red Leaf Lettuce
- 1 apple finely sliced
- 1/3 cup Sunflower Sprouts
- 1/3 cup Pea Sprouts
- 2 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- 2 fresh squeezed limes
Here’s a few food facts for you before you go try out this salad on your own:
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds per day will give you all of the omega 3s you need for the day and are also a great source of protein.
- Pea Sprouts are 20% protein.
- Sunflower Sprouts are 25% protein.
- Avocados are 90% and fat is important in a raw food diet, i’m moderation of course, but DON’T cut it out of your diet.
- Apples have a unique mixture of nutrients that make them different from all other fruits on the planet. They contain 10% carbs and 4% various vitamins and minerals. The rest is water. Apples have an array of phyto-chemicals and antioxidants.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Anti-inflammatory Electrolyte Booster Green Smoothie - Aug 25, 2015
- Drink this Green Smoothie Daily to Lower Inflammation and Stress in the Body! - Aug 17, 2015
- 5 Minutes to Make: Vanilla-Fig and Walnut Chia Dessert - Aug 1, 2015