This salad is packed with protein, healthy omega 3s, phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals. It’s also a super easy salad to whip up if you’re in a rush or coming off of a cleanse.
(Serves 2 big salads)
- Large Head of Rinsed, Chopped Red Leaf Lettuce
- 1 apple finely sliced
- 1/3 cup Sunflower Sprouts
- 1/3 cup Pea Sprouts
- 2 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- 2 fresh squeezed limes
Here’s a few food facts for you before you go try out this salad on your own:
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds per day will give you all of the omega 3s you need for the day and are also a great source of protein.
- Pea Sprouts are 20% protein.
- Sunflower Sprouts are 25% protein.
- Avocados are 90% and fat is important in a raw food diet, i’m moderation of course, but DON’T cut it out of your diet.
- Apples have a unique mixture of nutrients that make them different from all other fruits on the planet. They contain 10% carbs and 4% various vitamins and minerals. The rest is water. Apples have an array of phyto-chemicals and antioxidants.
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Quinoa and Hummus Stuffed Wraps for a Sugar-Free Detox - Nov 12, 2014
- A 7-Step Morning Ritual to Create a Balanced and Healthy Life - Nov 11, 2014
- Drink this Daily for Alkaline Balance, Inflammation & Clear Skin - Nov 11, 2014