I don’t know about you but being sick is my least favourite thing to be in the world! I turn into a huge baby and feel like crawling under a rock until I’m better. So being raw vegan has really worked out well for me because I don’t worry about getting sick or catching a cold from the person hacking all over the produce aisle anymore.
Keeping your immune system in tip top shape is easier then you think! Fresh fruits & veggies are the best way to maintain vibrant health all year round without any sick days. Maybe you’re thinking.. but I like sick days, I get to skip work or school and do whatever I want… but imagine a “sick day” without the sickness. Of course if your a momma, sick days are definitely not fun and I’m happy to say this smoothie will be a kid pleaser for sure so drink up!
1 small Lime, peeled
1 small Lemon, peeled
2 Oranges, peeled
2-3 frozen ripe Bananas
1-2 cups water
Instructions: Put all of your ingredients in the Vitamix, add water and blend on high for about 15 seconds or until creamy and serve!
3 Rawesome Facts About this Smoothie
1. Citrus fruits are super high in Vitamin C helping prevent cold, cough & flu.
2. Oranges help your body absorb calcium and Vitamin D so eat them to promote strong bones, glowing skin and happiness.
3. Bananas help regulate blood chemistry and prevent your body from becoming overly acidic.
Learn more recipes and tips like this in our 3 month course How to Go Raw, Not Crazy! We’re taking a few more student testers, so if you’d like more details on how you can get a discount on registration you can email us with the subject line “how to go raw”.
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- The Night Before Breakfast Idea: Coconut Blueberry Chia Pudding - September 20, 2014
- Have a Green Morning! This Smoothie is Loaded with Healthy Fats and Supports Weight Loss - September 19, 2014
- This Smoothie Will Trigger Happy Chemicals in the Brain that Can Help Reduce Depression - September 19, 2014