We don’t have access to dandelion greens right now but if you do, I think they would make a beautiful addition to this smoothie. Oh and I also want to do a big shout out and give a virtual hug to Caleb (even though he’s sitting next to me on our pintrest account) for running to the store twice for limes, then lemons because he forgot them the first time around. Hehe.
1/2 medium lemon, peeled and deseeded
1/2 medium lime, peeled and deseeded
2 frozen ripe bananas
Juice from 1 large Orange
1-2 cups chopped dandelion greens or kale (optional)*
Water to desired consistency (I used about 1 cup)
Instructions: Add all ingredients to the Vitamix and blend on high for 30 seconds or until smooth.
Rawesome Facts About this Smoothie
1. Drinking lemon juice in the morning on a regular basis stimulates the bile-producing capacity of liver and helps in digestion.
2. Citrus fruits are said to be the very best for the skin because of the phytonutrients that act like anti-oxidants to fight free radical damage and prevent aging.
3. Citrus fruits are mood enhancers! The folate in citrus fruits helps your brain produce seratonin – the happy chemical
4. Kale is a super source of Fiber and Calcium, promoting a healthy body from regulating blood sugar to maintaining strong bones!
5. Bananas reduce fatigue, stimluate brain function and can even help ward off a headache.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- Spicy Sweet Sprouts Salad - March 8, 2014
- Win an Omega 8004 Model Juicer from YoungandRaw.com! - March 8, 2014
- Nutrient Dense Super Greens Smoothie - March 7, 2014