We don’t have access to dandelion greens right now but if you do, I think they would make a beautiful addition to this smoothie. Oh and I also want to do a big shout out and give a virtual hug to Caleb (even though he’s sitting next to me on our pintrest account) for running to the store twice for limes, then lemons because he forgot them the first time around. Hehe.
1/2 medium lemon, peeled and deseeded
1/2 medium lime, peeled and deseeded
2 frozen ripe bananas
Juice from 1 large Orange
1-2 cups chopped dandelion greens or kale (optional)*
Water to desired consistency (I used about 1 cup)
Instructions: Add all ingredients to the Vitamix and blend on high for 30 seconds or until smooth.
Rawesome Facts About this Smoothie
1. Drinking lemon juice in the morning on a regular basis stimulates the bile-producing capacity of liver and helps in digestion.
2. Citrus fruits are said to be the very best for the skin because of the phytonutrients that act like anti-oxidants to fight free radical damage and prevent aging.
3. Citrus fruits are mood enhancers! The folate in citrus fruits helps your brain produce seratonin – the happy chemical
4. Kale is a super source of Fiber and Calcium, promoting a healthy body from regulating blood sugar to maintaining strong bones!
5. Bananas reduce fatigue, stimluate brain function and can even help ward off a headache.
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- The Night Before Breakfast Idea: Coconut Blueberry Chia Pudding - September 20, 2014
- Have a Green Morning! This Smoothie is Loaded with Healthy Fats and Supports Weight Loss - September 19, 2014
- This Smoothie Will Trigger Happy Chemicals in the Brain that Can Help Reduce Depression - September 19, 2014