Missing strawberry milkshakes? Our Facebook fan Stephanie wrote: “So I’m really craving a thick creamy raw strawberry milkshake right now! Any direction to a good recipe? I’m searching your site in hopes.”
So, this morning I hopped out of bed and straight into the kitchen to create a healthy milkshake recipe for Stephanie, and for you the next time you’re craving one! I used fresh strawberries, however, you may find that frozen strawberries seem to add more flavour to a smoothie. Plus when you’re making a milkshake, having it nice and cold is usually preferred.
- 1/2 cup coconut meat
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries *frozen is preferred for this smoothie
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 scoop vanilla sunwarrior protein *optional
- 1 tsp. red maca *optional
- 3/4 cup Coconut or Vanilla Almond Milk
Instructions: Blend ingredients in your Vitamix on high for about 15-30 seconds until you have a creamy, milkshake like texture. Serve & Enjoy!
Add on ideas:
- 2 tbsp. Tocotrienols
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds *for added omega’s 3,6,9
I think this recipe would taste absolutely divine with tocotrienols, in place of or along side the Vanilla Protein powder. Tocotrienols are so great for your skin and they also add a light, fluffy like texture to any smoothie you add them to. We ran out of them, otherwise they would definitely be in the recipe.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016
- This Spiced Zucchini Carrot Loaf is Gluten Free and Vegan! - Feb 11, 2016