Missing strawberry milkshakes? Our facebook fan Stephanie wrote: “So I’m really craving a thick creamy raw strawberry milkshake right now! Any direction to a good recipe? I’m searching your site in hopes.”
So, this morning I hopped out of bed and straight into the kitchen to create a healthy milkshake recipe for Stephanie, and for you the next time you’re craving one! I used fresh strawberries, but Caleb and I have noticed that frozen strawberries seem to add more flavour to a smoothie. Plus when you’re making a milkshake, having it nice and cold is usually preferred.
- 1/2 cup coconut meat
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries *frozen is preferred for this smoothie
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 scoop vanilla sunwarrior protein *optional
- 1 tsp. red maca *optional
- 3/4 cup Coconut or Vanilla Almond Milk
Instructions: Blend ingredients in your Vitamix on high for about 15-30 seconds until you have a creamy, milkshake like texture. Serve & Enjoy!
Add on ideas:
- 2 tbsp. Tocotrienols
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds *for added omega’s 3,6,9
I think this recipe would taste absolutely divine with tocotrienols, in place of or along side the Vanilla Protein powder. Tocotrienols are so great for your skin and they also add a light, fluffy like texture to any smoothie you add them to. We ran out of them, otherwise they would definitely be in the recipe. Stay tuned for an updated version!
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Young and Raw Holiday Bundle: 30 Day Meal Plans for $5 - Dec 19, 2014
- These 3 Ingredients in a Tea Will Boost Your Iron Levels Without a Supplement - Nov 21, 2014
- Quinoa and Hummus Stuffed Wraps for a Sugar-Free Detox - Nov 12, 2014