Do you suffer from inflammation, sore joins, menstrual cramps or even want to repair your muscles faster after yoga or a really good workout? If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, boy do we have a cocktail for you! I first started “shooting” coconut water and turmeric because I was experiencing painful cramps, but the more I did it, the more people I would encounter who were using turmeric every day to recover faster from yoga and reduce inflammation as part of their routine.
I personally don’t love the taste of this cocktail, it tastes a bit like drinking pickles. Let me say though, that a lot of other people I give this to when they’re in pain usually don’t share in my experience of the drink and often quite like the taste. All of our taste buds are unique, so give it a shot. And even if it’s not your favourite, you can still benefit from turmerics healing powers.
The reason you see turmeric mixed in coconut water, is because coconut water acts as a “carrier” delivering more nutrients to the cells. It’s also the only liquid on the planet that you can inject directly into your blood stream as it’s composition is almost identical to that of blood plasma. Not that you should try injecting it into your blood stream or anything. Just saying, it’s possible and that’s pretty cool.
- 1-2 tsp. of Turmeric Powder or
- 1 Oz Juiced Turmeric Root
- 1 cup coconut water OR
- Mix into fresh vegetable juice made in your juicer (celery, cucumber, ginger & lemon is a great anti-inflammatory juice to mix your turmeric into)
10 Rawesome Facts About Turmeric
1. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and has been proven to reduce pain symptoms and help chronic pain sufferers with arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
2. Turmeric has long been recognized for it’s healing powers by physicians and healers in the holistic community, however western medical professionals are only just starting to learn about turmerics charms. perhaps the inability to patent nature has something to do with this slow learning curve?
3. If you suffer from acne, turmeric is not only helpful taken internally but you can also use it externally by making a turmeric paste. Put on your face or other areas of the skin for 20 minutes or overnight to reduce inflammation and clear up a break out. Keep in mind this might turn your skin orange so dont do this before a special event.
4. Turmeric root can be juiced and used as a pain reliever. Only a small amount is needed to do the trick.
5. Even chronic sufferers of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis can experience relief by using turmeric on a frequent basis. Use it raw for best results by sprinkling it on salads and raw dishes as well as mixing it into fresh vegetable juices & coconut water.
6. Clean cuts and wounds with turmeric, it’s a natural anti-septic and anti-bacterial.
7. Turmeric has high amounts of anti-oxidants that fight cancer causing free radicals, keeping your immune system strong. If you have a cold or flu, turmeric is one of the best things you can do to speed up recovery.
8. Even chronic skin conditions like psoriasis can be helped with turmeric. for a healthy skin regimen, make a turmeric cocktail every day for 2 weeks accompanied by fresh raw foods, juices and green smoothies.
9. Using turmeric in your daily or weekly regimen will help you recover from yoga and workouts faster by reducing inflammation and easing sore muscles.
10. Turmeric also contains good amounts of iron and other minerals so use it as a blood builder.
Disclaimer: Don’t use turmeric in excess, less is more. It’s also important to check with your practitioner if you have a liver condition as turmeric can be hard on your liver in some cases.
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Young and Raw Holiday Bundle: 30 Day Meal Plans for $5 - Dec 19, 2014
- These 3 Ingredients in a Tea Will Boost Your Iron Levels Without a Supplement - Nov 21, 2014
- Quinoa and Hummus Stuffed Wraps for a Sugar-Free Detox - Nov 12, 2014