Did you know that Vanilla was prescribed by physicians in the 1700′s as an aphrodisiac to men who suffered from low libido? I find little food facts like these super fascinating because in our modern world we’ve lost touch with so many natural food cures that used to be common knowledge. A food prescription is theoretical term these days, but if you went to the doctor a few hundred years ago that’s exactly what you’d get. Well this is my smoothie prescription of the day. Drink this dairy free shake to boost your mood, nourish your body, build and repair muscle tissues and tantalize your taste buds!
- 1 cup coconut meat
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp. tocotrienols
- 1 tsp fresh vanilla bean
- 2 tsp maca
- 1 scoop vanilla warrior blend protein
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1/5 cups coconut water
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- 7 Rules to Live by When Choosing Non-Toxic Beauty Products - September 4, 2014
- Vega French Vanilla & Berries Smoothie for an Epic Meal in a Glass - June 29, 2014
- Start Your Day with this Fiber Rich and Hormone Friendly Green Smoothie! - June 29, 2014