Whenever you have access to organic watermelon, scoop some up! An amazing, super hydrating fruit, full of nutrients for healthy skin, organs and of course more energy and clarity in your life!
You might think the cayenne is a weird addition but I promise you it’s the perfect ingredient to be in this smoothie. If you like, you can also add just a pinch of himalayan salt but that I will leave up to you.
- 3 Cups of Watermelon
- 1 Cup Green Grapes
- 1-2 limes, peeled & deseeded
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 cup water (or sub for raw coconut water)
Instructions: Blend all ingredients together, you can leave the watermelon seeds in. I like to scoop out about 3 cups of melon, add in the grapes and other ingredients and blend together first before adding water that way I can achieve my desired consistency. This drink tastes very good when it’s thinned out.
5 Rawesome Facts about this Smoothie
1. Watermelons can supply you with an abundance of electrolytes, making them a super sweet choice for hot summer days, long runs or physical activity.
2. Watermelons actually have more of the anti-oxidant lycopene than tomatoes do, so if you’re avoiding nightshades watermelons might be your solution! They cleanse your body and have been known to heal skin problems like acne quickly.
3. Grapes contain minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and selenium. They’re also equipped with anti-oxidants that protect the body from an array of dis-eases and other health issues, plus keep your skin looking healthy and beautiful.
4. Limes have more Vitamin C than the lemon, and are part of the citrus family which is famously known for it’s ability to keep the immune system healthy, prevent and even heal some dis-eases or illnesses. If you squeeze it in your room temp. water in the morning, it can aid in constipation and also help you shed excess weight.
5. Cayenne is a powerful spice, used to digestive issues, detox, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal uses and even allergies! Famous Herbalist Dr. John Christopher used cayenne pepper to stop a heart attack in it’s tracks.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016
- This Spiced Zucchini Carrot Loaf is Gluten Free and Vegan! - Feb 11, 2016