Whenever you have access to organic watermelon, scoop some up! An amazing, super hydrating fruit, full of nutrients for healthy skin, organs and of course more energy and clarity in your life!
Simple cleansing practices can keep your body feeling light, hydrated and energized. Summer time fruits like watermelon are excellent for detoxing and helping the body to flush out excess toxins and slim down. Enjoy this recipe and use up your entire watermelon by having a watermelon day or have only watermelon smoothies and water up until lunch time, it feels so good!
You might think the cayenne is a weird addition but I promise you it’s the perfect ingredient to be in this smoothie. If you like, you can also add just a pinch of himalayan salt but that I will leave up to you.
- 3 Cups of Watermelon
- 1 Cup Green Grapes
- 1-2 limes, peeled & deseeded
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 cup water (or sub for raw coconut water)
Instructions: Blend all ingredients together, you can leave the watermelon seeds in. I like to scoop out about 3 cups of melon, add in the grapes and other ingredients and blend together first before adding water that way I can achieve my desired consistency. This drink tastes very good when it’s thinned out.
5 Rawesome Facts about this Smoothie
1. Watermelons can supply you with an abundance of electrolytes, making them a super sweet choice for hot summer days, long runs or physical activity.
2. Watermelons actually have more of the anti-oxidant lycopene than tomatoes do, so if you’re avoiding nightshades watermelons might be your solution! They cleanse your body and have been known to heal skin problems like acne quickly.
3. Grapes contain minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and selenium. They’re also equipped with anti-oxidants that protect the body from an array of dis-eases and other health issues, plus keep your skin looking healthy and beautiful.
4. Limes have more Vitamin C than the lemon, and are part of the citrus family which is famously known for it’s ability to keep the immune system healthy, prevent and even heal some dis-eases or illnesses. If you squeeze it in your room temp. water in the morning, it can aid in constipation and also help you shed excess weight.
5. Cayenne is a powerful spice, used to digestive issues, detox, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal uses and even allergies! Famous Herbalist Dr. John Christopher used cayenne pepper to stop a heart attack in it’s tracks.
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- The Night Before Breakfast Idea: Coconut Blueberry Chia Pudding - September 20, 2014
- Have a Green Morning! This Smoothie is Loaded with Healthy Fats and Supports Weight Loss - September 19, 2014
- This Smoothie Will Trigger Happy Chemicals in the Brain that Can Help Reduce Depression - September 19, 2014