Are we all on the same page now that not all fat is bad? I hope so! At one point, the trend was most definitely fat-free foods! Healthy fats support the body in multiple ways, including helping reduce inflammation, protect your organs and energise your body. Here are three awesome sources of plant-based fats:
- Organic, Virgin and Raw coconut oil: Try adding this to your smoothies, adding it to your cooking and use it on your steamed green veggies.
- Borage oil: If you’re looking for a high dose of healthy fats that support hormone re-balancing, try Borage Oil. It’s nature’s highest source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and can help with PMS, balancing hormones and improving the look and feel of your skin. Women who experience hormonal acne often resort to this supplement. Make sure you check with your N.D. or Physician before you take any supplements.
- Hemp oil: Hemp oil and in some cases flax oil which is higher in phytoestrogens (plant-estrogens) are great sources of healthy fats. You can add these to your smoothies as well, but don’t cook with them as they don’t do well with heat. Because flax is an estrogenic oil, make sure you check with your care provider before integrating this into your diet, especially if you feel you may suffer from estrogen dominance. Some women find flax oil to be a miracle for their low estrogen, and others find it causes acne – this is one of those areas you’ll have to test for yourself. If you’re in menopause or suffering from low-estrogen then flax may be a wonderful option for you!
Latest posts by Young and Raw (see all)
- Magnesium and Iron Rich Strengthening Basil Smoothie - Oct 30, 2019
- 10 Bountiful Benefits of Basil - Oct 3, 2019
- 7 Ways Lemons Heal! - Oct 1, 2019