1. Eat only fresh whole foods, and get yourself into a routine.
Get yourself into the habit of eating on schedule.
Irregular meal times and skipping meals altogether teach your body that it’s reasonable to expect a famine. If you’re doing this, your body isn’t able to perform all of its regular functions like producing the hormones you need to feel good, and keeping your body at a healthy weight.
I suggest you pick 3 times per day when you can get some food in you, and set an alarm to make it happen. I’ve had to do this for myself, and though it can be tough, living with your hormones gone awry is tougher.
2. Practice some sort of gentle exercise, be it yin-yoga, brisk walking, or dance.
All of these can help boost the happy chemicals in your brain, reduce stress levels in your body and get the blood flowing to support your body’s natural detoxification process.
3. Get enough healthy fats, especially Omega 3’s.
Healthy fats are crucial for hormone production, including healthy cholesterol. Sources of plant-based omega-3’s include:
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Hemp seed
- Algal oil
Latest posts by Young and Raw (see all)
- Magnesium and Iron Rich Strengthening Basil Smoothie - Oct 30, 2019
- 10 Bountiful Benefits of Basil - Oct 3, 2019
- 7 Ways Lemons Heal! - Oct 1, 2019