Have you ever felt like it might be time to make some diet changes for the sake of your health, but just don’t know where to start? Trying to eat well can often feel like a chore and leave you defeated before you’ve even begun. I totally get it because I went through this for many years. I would try to get healthier and ultimately give up out of sheer frustration.
I could have never imagined back when I was pre-diabetic and suffering with depression, that my diet would one day consist mainly of plant-based foods. My attitude towards food changed when I was forced to take a good, hard look at my lifestyle. So if I had failed so many times before, what could I do differently? I decided to create a realistic way for me to make a change without the dieting yoyo.
Want to know what that change was? Instead of giving up all the foods I loved, I just started adding more plant-based foods into my diet. I’m not kidding. Whatever I ate, I paired with some type of plant-based food. The more veggies, fruit, nuts and seeds I added, the less I craved all the processed foods I was so used to eating. I started to look and feel better without putting myself through yet another unhealthy diet plan.
Whether you have health issues or just want to have more energy, trying to eat more plant-based foods is a tremendously good idea for anyone. Here are the top 5 awesome side effects that a plant-based food did to change my life for the better!
- Energy. Whether it’s going rock climbing, mountain biking, doing a book tour or taking care of my kids, there is no activity too daunting, I am always full of energy!
- Weight Loss. As soon I started eating more plant-based food and less processed food, my body naturally began to rid itself of my excess weight.
- Good Digestion. What a difference good digestion makes. Clean eating helped put an end to my chronic stomach upset and got my digestion back on track.
- Confidence. When I started to lose weight and feel better overall, I noticed a huge change in my attitude. I looked better, I felt better…I was up for anything!
- Better Libido. Feeling more confident and extra energized is never a bad thing when it comes to sex!
Don’t worry about giving up the foods you love to eat. Just simply start adding in some nutrient rich plant-based food to every meal, such as hemp seeds, chia seeds, almonds, kale and spinach. Feeling happier and healthier was never so easy – Oh Yeah!