Your body is one big detox machine. Every single body system has a detox organ, and when your body is functioning optimally, you will be removing toxins from your body at all times.
Your detox organs include your liver, your colon, your lungs, and even your skin. If you feel like enhancing your body’s ability to remove wastes, without taking on a full-blown detox, here are some quick tips for ways to help detox your body every day.
1. Drink lukewarm water with lemon juice first thing in the morning – This will cause your gallbladder to spasm, pushing bile through your liver, which will kick-start your bowels to release. This is an awesome way to kick-start your main internal detox organs, first thing. Bonus points for drinking at least another liter or more throughout the rest of your day.
2. Have a green drink – green juice and green smoothies will both help to oxygenate your system, flood your cells with nutrients, and nourish your organs. Green juices and smoothies will help your red blood cells work better (by providing them with oxygen, they will more effectively be able to carry nutrients to your cells, and toxins away from them). There is no end to the benefits of green drinks, and they are something that you can enjoy on a daily basis to give your body a boost.
3. Dry Skin Brushing – A dry skin brush is inexpensive, and to brush your whole body can take as little as 10 minutes. You will be stimulating your lymphatic system as you brush, which is a very important detox system. Your lymph system deals a lot with killing off pathogens, and the better it works, the better you will feel. Click here to learn how you can clear cellulite and gently detox with dry skin brushing.
4. Do 20 minutes of physical activity – Getting moving will help to cleanse the skin through sweating, it will help to move your lymph fluid, and it will even help to stimulate your bowels. All of these things help you to get those toxins out of your body faster. This burst of activity will also set you up with happy chemicals called endorphins that will make you feel better for the rest of your day.
5. Stress less – I know this may not seem like it has anything to do with detox, but stress is one of the most taxing things for our bodies. Also keep in mind that when you are stressed, your body will be in fight or flight mode, instead of being in healing, and therefore cleansing mode. Take time to sit and breath deeply. Write in a journal. Go for a walk in nature. Sit and meditate. Do whatever you need to do to take your stress levels down at least once a day and you will feel better for it!
Latest posts by Ali Washington (see all)
- 5 Ways to Listen to Your Body for Deeper Awareness and Personal Power - Sep 7, 2015
- Apricot Bliss Smoothie - Apr 11, 2014
- 5 Daily Detox Recipes to Keep in Your Back Pocket - Apr 4, 2014