There’s the hard way and the easy way to improve your health and lose weight. Simple changes to your food and lifestyle can make all the difference in your success. Here are 7 incredibly effective yet easy tips for improving your efforts and adding more balance and harmony into your life.
1. Start your morning off with at least 4 cups of warm water.
- add lemon
- add ginger
- add ACV
Why: Wake up your digestive tract, improve bowel movements, cleanse your system and give your body the hydration it needs to release toxins and water retention.
2. Eat something green breakfast with a bit of coconut oil.
- cruciferous veggies
- green smoothie
- greens powder
Why: Great source of phytonutrients, antioxidants and vitamins, nourish yourself, ward off candida and yeast problems that could be leading to infections, skin problems and weight gain. Low sugar and anti-aging.
3. Do a 20 minute movement routine or meditation.
- Morning yoga
- Brisk walk
Why: You’re setting the pace for your day, waking up your body, increasing flexibility, getting the blood flowing and jump-starting your metabolism.
4. Plan your day the night before.
- Prepare your meals if you’re going to be out of the house
- Have your water and lemon/ginger all set up and ready to make first thing
- Set your intentions for the day (healthy eating, movement, self-care)
Why: Setting these intentions and being prepared the night before will help enhance your dedication to your own health, keep motivation strong and make it easier to succeed. Having prepared before hand will also support you in keeping consistent which is essential to any lifestyle shift.
5. Pick a self-loving reason to improve your lifestyle.
- Feeling good
- Having more energy
- Being a great example for your children or friends
- Avoid making your goal solely physical in nature (looking better, weight loss etc.)
Why: You want to focus on the feeling, feeling good, feeling vibrant, feeling happy, rather than focusing on what you are not – like thinner, prettier, whatever it is you’re beating yourself up over. When you’re changing your lifestyle, let it come from a place of wanting to feel great because you love yourself enough to give your body that gift rather than it feeling like a punishment for your current way of being.
6. Stop eating 2 hours before bed time.
- Drink water
- Take liver and kidney cleansing herbs
- Do something restorative
Why: giving your system time to wind down without the focus on digesting food will allow your organs to detox, your body will be able to release excess weight more easily and you will have a better nights rest. This results in enhanced weight loss, healing, and more will power the following day to keep you going in the right direction with your new lifestyle.
7. Have a plan that encompasses mind, body and soul.
- Have a clean-eating plan for what you’re going to put in your body over the next 30 days.
- Find movement that is fun and enjoyable for you that you can form a habit around.
- Get an idea of what you need to feel emotionally supported.
Why: You’ve heard the saying plan to fail if you fail to plan, right? Couldn’t be more true. The thing about healing through diet and lifestyle, or losing weight, is that it takes time and consistency. But when you’re without a plan, it’s easy to fall off the wagon, or if you don’t see results quick enough as we’re trained to expect in our culture, give up all together.
With a plan, you have a steady road-map that you can fall back on, and as long as you have emotional support and a plan to keep your body moving each day, you’re set up for success. If you feel you need external help or support, make sure you honor yourself enough to reach out.
Want to know if you’re on the right track with your lifestyle? Take this Quiz to find out: Click Here to Take the Lifestyle Quiz
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016