When it gets cold outside, there is nothing better than snuggling up with a warm cup of hot chocolate. Yummy treats like hot chocolate are often synonymous with drinking dairy and sugar, which may leave you feeling less than awesome. I have come up with this super rich, easy to make delicious healthy hot chocolate recipe that is refined sugar and dairy free. I hope you and your loved ones will love it!
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 2-3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (you can also use coconut milk for an extra rich drink)
- 3 tbsp cacao or carob powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or coconut syrup
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
Directions: Place all ingredients in a medium sauce pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 4-5 minutes.
You can drink as is, or you can strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or nut milk bag for an even smoother treat!
Some variation ideas:
- Add 1-2 peppermint tea bags to the pot as it is cooking for a mint hot chocolate.
- Add 3-4 slices of fresh ginger root for a chocolate gingerbread hot chocolate.
- Add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper for a Mexican hot chocolate.
- Add in some medicinal mushrooms like reishi powder for a super food infused drink.
Creator at The Perception Trainers
Ali Washington is an inspirational speaker, author and coach who believes that health and wellness should not only be easy and natural, but also fun. Through techniques acquired from life coaching, yoga, psychology, nutrition and energy medicine, Ali works to empower those who cross her path to learn to trust their own bodies, minds and emotions. She believes that YOU are the expert on you, and she is simply there to offer you tools and techniques for reacquainting yourself with your own inner knowledge. ind her book The Perception Diet Here: http://perceptiondiet.com/
Latest posts by Ali Washington (see all)
- 5 Ways to Listen to Your Body for Deeper Awareness and Personal Power - Sep 7, 2015
- Apricot Bliss Smoothie - Apr 11, 2014
- 5 Daily Detox Recipes to Keep in Your Back Pocket - Apr 4, 2014