A Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie … need we say more? This delicious smoothie will wow your family and friends and certainly turn anyone (who isn’t already) into a lover of raw food!
Cashews are a great food for skin health, as they encourage collagen production and elastin. Having suffered with acne and other skin issues for years I LOVE any food that supports a glowing, clear complexion. The good fats in cashews also support natural, healthy weight loss.
- 1/3 cup cashews
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon lemon rind*
- 2 dates, pitted
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup water
*To make quick lemon rind for this recipe, simply grate off 1/4 inch of the lemon peel and add to the blender ingredients.
- Soak the cashews to soften. If you would like to remove the enzyme inhibitor naturally found on the nuts, you may soak overnight and rinse in the morning before using.
- If dates are hard, soak for 5 – 10 minutes and remove from water before adding to blender.
- Add all ingredients to the blender except the strawberries and blend until smooth.
- Pour 2 inches of the cream colored drink into a container or glass. Your blender should still be ¾ full. Add fresh strawberries and blend again.
- Pour strawberry mixture into a separate glass. Top with cream layer and enjoy!
You may find that chilling the bottom cream layer in the fridge for 2-5 minutes before pouring on the top strawberry layer helps the layers stay separated! However, whether in separate layers or mixed together this combination of ingredients will wow your taste buds and satisfy that cheesecake craving. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Krystal Vrba (see all)
- Avocado Magic Green Smoothie For Glowing Skin and Healthy Joints - May 14, 2015
- Dairy Free and Super Healthy Mint Chocolate Protein Smoothie - May 11, 2015
- Krystals Healthy Raw Chia Breakfast Bomb! - May 11, 2015